“Protection Against Side-Effects from COVID-19 Vaccines”
We're in this together
It may be a bit premature to say the worst is behind us, but it is much welcomed news that vaccines to fight COVID-19 are now gradually being rolled out. Although uncertainties remain about the virus and how the world will recover post-pandemic, the end is in sight. As a homegrown next-generation insurer, OneDegree’s priority is always our home city. To support Hongkongers through this challenging time, OneDegree is now offering free protection against potential side-effects from COVID-19 vaccines. Under the protection, residents who are hospitalized or pass away will receive a one-time payment.
OneDegree is committed to helping our communities shoulder the risks that comes with life, big or small. We’re in this together.
For all Hong Kong residents
Vaccines Under Coverage
Hong Kong residents of all ages can register to enjoy the free protection
COVID-19 vaccines provided by the Hong Kong government
From now until 31 March 2021
If within 14 days of receiving a covered vaccine, a resident is hospitalized in the ICU for at least 5 days or passes away due to vaccine complications, OneDegree will provide a one-time cash payment of HKD 100,000.
How to Register
Fill in the form below or send us a Whatsapp message (+852 2886 9892) and our customer service will sign you up. You will receive an email or SMS confirmation upon successful registration. Quota is limited and sign-up will be on a first-come-first-served basis.
I’m currently not an OneDegree policyholder. Can I still register?
Yes, all eligible residents can sign up for the free protection.
Can I register for my family members?
Each email address can register once only, you can register for your immediate family members and leave their contact info. If a child does not yet have a HKID, you can provide the first four digits of his/her birth certificate number instead.
When will coverage be effective?
Your free protection will be effective once you receive a confirmation via email or SMS.
How do I claim the payment?
If a registrant develops serious side-effects from a COVID-19 vaccination, he/she should contact our customer service for claim purposes within 30 days from the registrant’s admission to an intensive care unit.
Terms and Conditions
- OneDegree’s “Protection Against Side-Effects from COVID-19 Vaccines” (“Protection Plan”) is provided by OneDegree Hong Kong Limited (“OneDegree”) and is subject to the following terms and conditions.
- The Protection Plan is valid until 31 March 2021.
- All Hong Kong residents are eligible for the Protection Plan, which is provided free of charge. Quota for the Protection Plan is limited, and registration will be accepted on a first-come-first-served basis.
- The Protection Plan is only applicable to COVID-19 vaccines provided by the Hong Kong Government.
- If a Hong Kong resident successfully registered for the Protection Plan, and he/she passes away or is hospitalized in an intensive care unit for 5 days or more due to serious side-effects within 14 days of receiving a COVID-19 vaccine provided by the Hong Kong Government, OneDegree will provide a one-time cash payment of HKD 100,000.
- If a registrant develops serious side-effects from a COVID-19 vaccination, he/she should contact OneDegree’s customer service for claim purposes within 30 days from the registrant’s admission to an intensive care unit.
- OneDegree reserves the right to change or terminate the Protection Plan (partial or all) and/or change the relevant terms and conditions at any time without prior notice. Any dipsutes shall be subject to the decision of OneDegree, which shall be final and binding.
- These terms and conditions are governed by Hong Kong law. In case of any discrepancy between the English and Chinese versions, the English version shall prevail.
OneDegree Hong Kong is among the first batch of virtual insurers authorized by the Hong Kong Insurance Authority to provide insurance products purely through online channels. The company prides itself on providing breakthrough innovations in products and services. OneDegree Group, the parent of OneDegree Hong Kong, has raised more than US$30 million to date and is backed by renowned investors including BitRock Capital and Cyberport Macro Fund. For more about OneDegree Hong Kong, please visit here.